As devoted fabricators of countertops in Roanoke, VA we get a lot of questions about how to choose the right one. It’s a big decision to do a kitchen or bathroom renovation, so you need to know what you want. With that in mind, here is our quick guide to choose the right countertops.
Your house doesn’t look identical to every other house so why would your countertops look the same? Every household is different, so you don’t want a one-size-fits-all solution. Think about what you actually do in your kitchen:
- Are you an amateur culinary artiste making 3 course meals 7 nights a week?
- Do you want to host cocktail parties and use a bar area?
- Do you want to serve family dinners around a table or the island?
- Are you a family of spillers, leaving orange juice drips and smearing jam most days?
You need to take all of these into account to determine what size and what kind of surface you need. It’s a great idea to make a list and rank the importance of factors like durability, stain resistance and maintenance.
Think About Style
It’s your kitchen, so it should reflect your style. It’s important to consider what kinds of surfaces you find appealing. Break it down by the look, feel, texture and shades that you want in your kitchen. Do you want it to be warm or cool to the touch? Do you want integrated sinks, a seamless look or bright colors?Think about all of these details, plus the thickness, overhang and edge options. Knowing all of this will ensure you love your new kitchen and bath.
Evaluate your Budget
Most importantly, you need to think about what you are able to budget for. At Artisans of Stone, we’re dedicated to providing well crafted countertops in Roanoke, VA. Whether you’re looking for new countertops for an old home or a brand new one, we’re ready to help you find the perfect solution for your Roanoke, VA home. Our skilled fabricators bring out the beauty of natural and engineered stones every day. Whether for residential or commercial work, every job is handcrafted so that no small details are overlooked.
Contact us today to get the countertops you need in Roanoke, VA! At Artisans of Stone, we don’t make one-size-fits-all solutions, every job is handcrafted so no small details are overlooked. Whatever your vision, come to us, and we can help you make the kitchen and bath of your dreams
Working with marble countertops in Roanoke, VA, we know that taking care of marble can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be. Luckily at Artisans of Stone, we’ve picked up a couple of key tips and tricks over the years. With that in mind, here is our essential marble care guide.
Everything You Need:
- A recommended sealer
- Spray bottle
- Gentle non-abrasive dish soap
- Soft, absorbent towel
- Dish cloth or cleaning rag.
- Using the dry dish cloth, lightly dust any crumbs or particles off your counter.
- Get the spray bottle and add a tablespoon of the dish soap. Don’t add acid such as lemon juice because it will erode the stone. Shake the solution gently.
- Lightly spray the countertop.
- Let it sit for about a minute, then wipe it off of the counter with the wet dish cloth.
- Dry the countertop off with a towel and buff it immediately after with the absorbent towel.
- Enjoy your clean counters!
Want More Help?
Marble, especially when you choose a light colored surface, can be tricky to be taken care of, but as long as you follow these steps every 3-6 months, you should have beautiful counters all year long.
If you’re interested in marble or doing any other kind of countertops in Roanoke, VA, don’t hesitate to seek the help of Artisans of Stone. Natural Stone, Quartz, or Custom Tile—we’ve got you covered. Whether you’re seeking furnishings for residential or commercial, we’re dedicated to delivering the highest quality natural stone countertops at a low price. Our highly skilled artisans can create beautiful surfaces for your kitchen and bath. From custom cabinets to base boards, table tops to stone showers, floor tile to exterior veneer— we can make your dream home a reality. If you’re ready to get started, contact us and we’ll see what we can do.