Artisans of Stone creates beautiful and quality countertops in Roanoke, VA. We’re dedicated to delivering the highest quality natural stone and quartz countertops at a low price. Our highly skilled artisans can create beautiful surfaces for your kitchen and bath.
For our countertops, we offer a variety of natural stone, quartz, and custom tile. Our customers often ask us to explain the difference between granite and quartz countertops. So, here are some things that you should know about both these materials:
- Granite is one of the several natural stone countertops that we offer. Other natural stone materials include marble, slate, and onyx.
- Granite is made from 100% natural materials, while quartz is mostly natural with 95% natural quartz and 5% polymer resins.
- Because granite is formed completely naturally, each slab of granite is completely unique. That means with a granite countertop, you will get a one-of-a-kind piece.
- Quartz looks like stone, but allows you to customize its appearance to your own taste and style.
- If you are looking for the more eco-friendly choice of the two, go with quartz countertops.
- Both granite and quartz countertops should be cleaned reguarly, but granite countertops need to be resealed annually, while quartz countertops do not.
- Quartz is typically the more durable of the two, but also usually the more costly to purchase.
For all of your countertop needs in and around Roanoke, VA, come to see us at Artisans of Stone where we turn your countertops into a piece of art. For more information on the differences between quartz and granite, visit HGTV.com.