Artisans of Stone creates beautiful and quality countertops in Roanoke, VA. We’re dedicated to delivering the highest quality natural stone and quartz countertops at a low price. Our highly skilled artisans can create beautiful surfaces for your kitchen and bath.
Granite is a unique, quality countertop material. In order to keep your granite countertop looking like new, you should perform periodic upkeep. Don’t worry though: taking care of your granite countertop is simple, inexpensive, and will make your countertops last for years to come. Here are some helpful upkeep tips for your granite countertops:
- You should seal your granite countertops from time to time (about every 6 months to a year for many granite countertops). This adds a protective layer to your countertops to help them last even longer. If you’re unsure about whether your granite countertop should be sealed or how often it should be sealed, be sure to speak with a countertop professional at Artisans of Stone.
- Clean your countertops regularly with a soap and water, or a cleaner made specifically for granite countertops. If you spill something on your countertops, clean up the spill immediately before it has time to set.
- To avoid burn marks, use trivets or mats on your countertop for hot pots and pans.
- Don’t use acidic or ammonia-based cleaners on your countertops as these can possibly cause damage.
- When preparing food on your countertops, be sure to use a cutting board, or you could risk causing damage to both your countertops and your cutlery.
For all of your countertop needs, including beautiful granite countertops, give us a call at Artisans of Stone in Roanoke, VA.